Travel by Dart Scholarship 2018: $1,000US
Travel by Dart is a new TV show that combines adventure, fun, and philanthropy. Two friends throw a dart at the world map blindfolded and travel wherever it lands, with the purpose of helping the land or people they visit. Whether is about building a school in Vietnam or helping orphans in India, they’ll do just that.
Here is the official trailer: Travel by Dart Season 1 Trailer (2018)
The two hosts of the show, Sorin Mihailovici and Matt Cook, are filming for the next year all the episodes of the first season. The show is scheduled to air nationally on Canadian network OMNI Television in the fall of 2018.
As a former multiple scholarships recipient during college, Sorin understands the value of a financial incentive, especially since he is an immigrant himself.
Education is critical. Everybody shall freely enjoy the right to education. Unfortunately, significant expenses for higher education such as tuitions, fees, books, housing and other related expenses may end up the dreams of poor students to achieve their goals.
The Travel by Dart Team and the producer/host Sorin Mihailovici are proud to offer a new scholarship of $1,000 with the goal of providing some financial assistance to students. Education is the best investment you can make, but the costs can often cause financial strain. We want to help you achieve your dreams so you can live the lifestyle you want.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants:
1. Must currently be enrolled as a high school or college/university student within the United States or Canada.
2. Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (or the equivalent).
3. Must be a citizen of, permanent resident of, or hold a valid student visa in the United States or Canada.
This scholarship is open to all programs. We recommend the participation of those students who are pursuing their higher education in sectors such as Marketing, Business, Travel, Hospitality, Television, Communications, Advertising, Sales, Media or Journalism. However, all participants start with equal chances.
Travel by Dart Scholarship Winner Awards: 2
1. For essay submission: $1,000
2. For video submission: A chance to be featured on the Travel by Dart show (episode to be determined). Plus, you’ll receive three months of entrepreneur mentorship (1-on-1) from the host of the show, Sorin Mihailovici, a veteran in the business with 50 countries visited under his belt. You can learn more about him HERE.
*Essays and videos have to be submitted together.
How To Apply:
You are required to write an essay of minimum 800 words about one of the subjects below, plus submit a short video. Essay entries containing less than 800 words will be rejected, but feel free to go above the 2000 words limitation if you have much to say about your selected topic.
Here are the 4 steps:
1. Write An Essay Of 800+ Words
Choose one of the following two topics:
A. Imagine you start a travel business catering to upscale lifestyle individuals, people with money that focus on experiences rather than expenses. They could be executives, mid-life individuals with enough savings, or even divorcees – both males and females – that want to do something different. Come up with a creative marketing campaign for the business. It should be more than a travel agency. The challenge is to come up with something that is more than just a trip. It could be the content of the trip at location, interactions, once in a lifetime experiences, etc. Have you ever heard of the Awesomeness Fest? Google it and think out of the box. Ask your parents what they’d like.
B. What 20 partnerships you would do as the Travel by Dart’s CEO and why? (Which companies you’d think would match best with the Travel by Dart platform?) Don’t use common sense brands like travel agencies – e.g.. Expedia, Hotel.com etc. Focus more on the creative possibilities behind the partnership with these companies, such as launching key revolutionary products with each other’s help, APIs, etc. They don’t have to be travel-related, but anything that could spark an interest to create inspiration for traveling. Innovative approaches between a travel-related business with a classy elite one (spas, clothing, reward programs, etc). Why would you partner with them? Go beyond the sponsorships.
You just need to select one topic and create a compelling 800+ words essay conveying your views. It is not the number of words that matter, but creativity, originality, research, depth of insights, as well as writing style that will get you extra points.
The winning submission should contain references, creative thinking, strategies, accuracy and correct grammar. Provided content must be unique. All essays will be checked for plagiarism and so they must be entirely your own work.
2. Follow Sorin And Travel by Dart Now On:
BONUS (For a chance to be on the Travel by Dart show):
Here is where the fun begins:
3. Throw A Dart At The World Map And Record Yourself!
Create a video in which you throw a dart at the world map. Get your mom, dad, or sister to record you.
We want to see how creative, fun and convincing you can be with your video because we have a second award for this scholarship.
We will post all the dart throw videos on our website, for people to vote the most interesting one. The winner will get a chance to be on the Travel by Dart show (episode to be determined), as well as get a three months mentorship from the host of the show, Sorin Mihailovici.
Automated or purchased votes (we have the software to detect it) will disqualify the submission. However, feel free to encourage your family and friends to vote for you. You will receive the news when the contest is on via email.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VIDEO:
When producing your dart throw video for YouTube, you must:
a. Start the video by saying that you are doing the “Travel by Dart Challenge for the Sorin TV blog”.
b. Post a link in the description of your YouTube video that links back to www.sorin.tv/blog.
c. Use the phrase “Travel by Dart Challenge” in your title.
b. Once uploaded on YouTube, send a link of your video in the fill out form below.
4. Complete And Submit The Application
Fill out the form below to complete your application (including attaching your link to your YouTube video). You can submit your essay in PDF or Word doc to the following email address: hello at travelbydart dot com.
All submissions must be uploaded no later than 11:59 pm PST on the 30th of June, 2018.
Scholarship winners will be contacted via email and must respond within five(5) days of the date of the email to accept the award. If no response is received within this time, another recipient will be selected.
Terms & Conditions:
By participating in our scholarship, you agree to our terms and conditions:
1) We reserve the right to verify any information provided. If you do not comply with our requests for information within the deadlines provided, you will be disqualified by default.
2) There is no hidden cost to apply for this scholarship.
3) A student can submit only one project at a time.
4) We will review all the submissions but will only contact the winner. We reserve the right not to respond to any inquiry.
5) All submitted essays along with the ideas suggested become the property of Travel by Dart and can be used for future editorial content on the company’s web site, blog, social media pages or in marketing materials.
6) It is our sole discretion to choose whom to award the scholarship. If there are less than 10 applicants to the scholarship, we may not award the scholarship.
7) The terms of this scholarship may be changed by us without any prior notice.
8) At no time will we request your date of birth, social security number, or any information that is not necessary to award the scholarship.
9) Please do not call regarding the scholarship.
Another Scholarship Opportunity:
You can also apply for a different $1,000 scholarship offered by the host of Travel by Dart: